My boys and I love bread so we decided to make these really quick and simple flatbreads to accompany our Keema curry recently.
We hope you love them also.
They are actually really versatile and make great pizza bases or are great with kebabs too.
And the best thing is, the kids can do most of the work!
200g plain flour
pinch of salt
1tsp olive oil
1. Put the flour in a large bowl and slowly add the water, the kids can help with this.
2. Mix it all until it forms a dough.
3. Add the oil.
4. Need the dough for 5 minutes or so on a clean surface.
5. If you have time, leave the dough for 30 minutes or so, this is not essential.
6. Divide the dough into 6 balls.
7. Flour a flat surface and roll each ball out, they don’t have to be perfect circles – ours weren’t as you can see….
8. Heat a griddle or frying pan and add a little olive oil.
9. Cook each flatbread for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
We also love them warm with some hummus and tzatziki – divine 🙂