Here is another really quick and easy recipe that beats frozen, processed chicken nuggets any day! They make a great mid week meal, can be made in batch and frozen for later use and even make a great healthy, kids party food.
As an added bonus, they are so simple to make that you can involve your little ones in the process. Research suggests that this encourages children to try a wider variety of food and can instil healthy eating behaviours. So no more picky eaters!!!
Here is what you will need…
- 500g chicken breast
- 3 eggs
- enough fine breadcrumbs to coat (I make my own but you can buy them)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp paprika (or cayenne if you like an extra kick)
- Preheat your oven
- Crack and whisk eggs in a bowl (I got my son Luca to help with this)
- Put breadcrumbs in another bowl
- Slice your chicken breast in to equal, goujon shapes
- Dip one goujon in to the egg to coat, follow by coating in the breadcrumbs
- Lay coated goujon on a baking tray
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all goujons are coated
- Pop in the oven until golden brown and chicken is cooked through (approx. 25 mins)
- Serve and enjoy!
I served mine up with some fresh veggie sticks, tortilla wraps and dips. My son Luca loves hummus so he had his with a big dollop of that whilst my youngest Leo loves ketchup so he enjoyed dipping his in some of my homemade tomato sauce! You don’t have to make your own of course, when you are preparing a meal as nutritious as this, a little bit of shop bought ketchup wont hurt 🙂