As I discuss briefly here, breakfast is not necessarily the most important meal of the day.
It can, however, be a sensible way to avoid over consuming kcals later in the day, especially if it includes protein.
So, here is another great recipe that you can prepare in advance to grab on the go during those busy mornings.
They can be made in batch at the weekend to save you time as well as energy having to make ‘healthy’ decisions when hunger strikes.
This recipe will make 5 medium biscuits.
- 2 cups of oats
- 2 overly ripe bananas
- 2 scoops or protein powder (I used vanilla but chose your favourite flavour; chocolate works well)
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees
- Mash the bananas in a bowl
- Add the oats and protein powder
- Combine well
- Make 5 circles on a lined baking tray
- Bake until golden brown
- Leave to cools
- Serve or save for the prefect, mid week grab and go breakfast!
You can of course vary this recipe according to taste, I sometimes add dried fruits, nuts and/or seeds.
Whatever you do make, enjoy and I would love your feedback 🙂