I love curry and this is one you can enjoy without the excess calories if you are watching your weight! It is quick and easy so perfect for a mid week meal or a Saturday night treat. Serve with microwave poppadoms and cauliflower rice for an even leaner version. This recipe serves 4.
500g cooked or raw king prawns (peeled)
6 green chillies, 4 deseeded and finely chopped and 2 whole
1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp each of ground cumin and garam masala
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 red onion, sliced
pinch of salt
2 tbsp low fat, natural yogurt
1 red pepper, sliced
2 fresh tomatoes, quartered
2 tbsp tomato puree
coriander – optional
1/2 lime – optional
1. Heat the oil in a pan over a high heat and add the garlic, 4 chopped chillies, fresh tomatoes, red pepper, all the spices and salt and fry for 3-4 minutes until soft. Be careful not to let the onion and garlic burn.
2. Add the whole chillies, tinned tomatoes and cook for 3 -4 minutes.
3. Stir in the yogurt and cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce has reduced.
4. Add the prawns and tomato puree and cook for a further 5-6 minutes, ensure that raw prawns are pink if using.
5. Add juice from half a squeezed lime and top with coriander.