I love potatoes!
Many people are afraid of them these days because they still believe the archaic myth that carbs are bad. They are most certainly not as I explain here.
In fact, if there ever really was such a thing as a superfood in my eyes, potatoes would be one.
They are top of the satiety index, full of fibre, cheap and so versatile.
And here is one of my favourite recipes that I love to serve with my stuffed chicken breast wrapped in Parma ham
This will serve 4 people as a generous side dish.
- 800g maris piper or desiree potatoes
- olive oil
- sea salt
- 1 tbsp paprika (adjust to taste, I often use more…)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with olive oil and heat in the oven.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil.
- Meanwhile, wash and chop potatoes into medium chunks – I like to keep the skin on for added fibre.
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes or so – they should just be turning soft.
- Drain and toss the potatoes until fluffy.
- Put the potatoes on your preheated baking tray, sprinkle with the paprika and some salt and toss until fully covered and coated.
- Roast until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with my stuffed chicken and tender stem broccoli.