This really simple bean salad is quick to make, packed with fibre to keep you full and is a great source of vegetarian protein. Add some chicken, tuna or mackerel to make it an even more balanced meal that will keep your tummy happy for longer. It is makes a great packed lunch and can be prepared in bulk. This recipe yields one portion.
½ tin mixed beans
5 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp sweetcorn
1 diced red pepper
Chilli or chosen spice
Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
1. Mix beans, sweetcorn, pepper and tomatoes together.
2. Add chilli or chosen spice to taste.
3. Top with chicken, tuna or mackerel.
4. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
5. Enjoy straight away or chill until ready to serve.